View All Topics
View All TopicsClose
The end of summer is a great reason to have a fresh menu at your restaurant. It’s even a wonderful excuse for people who love to host parties in their home to throw one last summer barbecue. The days are getting shorter, but the sun still has plenty of warmth to bask in. You can use this time of year to create a unique spread of dishes for guests to enjoy.
- Create vegetable kebabs by skewering in season produce like zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, and sweet onions. Grill them on the barbecue for a short period of time for a fresh, yet smoky flavor.
- Veggies can be tossed in oil and seasoning of your choice for a side dish on their own. They can also be grilled plain if they are going to be an ingredient in salads or sandwiches.
- Cut meats into cubes or strips before marinating them. Then, skewer the cut meat onto disposable wooden or bamboo skewers.
Make sure to always pre-soak your disposable skewers before using them on the grill. This prevents the skewers from burning up and disintegrating before the food is cooked.
Dessert can be done on the grill, too! Berry short cakes or ice cream might be the traditional summer dessert, so there’s something special about enjoying a grilled treat. For example, peaches, nectarines, and pineapple are all great options- they’re hearty enough that they can handle the heat while the outsides become caramelized and a bit charred in places.
- Peaches and nectarines do best when they are cut in half and pitted. Pineapple can be cut into thin rings with the core removed, or they can be cut into cubes and skewered.
- Drizzling hot honey over top gives a spicy and sweet combination that is very addictive. Using a lightly sweetened whipped cream to top the fruit creates a dessert that is both indulgent and refreshing.
CiboWares has everything you need to make the last hurrah of summer a hit! Don’t let the time slip away without one last evening of outdoor dining full of fresh, seasonal foods.